By Rick Oltman, March 14, 2019
Do you think the bureaucrats who run Sanctuary Cities should be prosecuted as accomplices when an illegal alien is not turned over to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and then murders an American?
An illegal alien from El Salvador, Carlos Eduardo Arevalo Carranza, who had previously been deported and had nine ICE detainer requests on him, which were not honored because of California’s illegal alien sanctuary laws, was arrested on March 11th for the murder of Bambi Larson in her San Jose home on February 28th.
Not only is the suspect here illegally, was deported back in 2013 and is a self-admitted gang member with a long rap sheet, he was still free to commit more crimes because of California’s sanctuary laws.
- Carranza was apprehended by U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) at the Texas border in 2013 and subsequently deported.
- In 2015, after re-entering the country illegally, he was arrested in San Jose, California, for burglary and convicted.
- The next year, 2016, he was arrested for, among other things, resisting arrest and assaulting a police officer.
- Also in 2016, he was again arrested for battery in Los Angeles.
- In January of this year, he was charged with possession of methamphetamine.
- In February, he allegedly murdered Bambi Larson, stabbing her to death.
Even though Carranza was on probation for possession of methamphetamine, paraphernalia, false imprisonment, and burglary at the time of the murder and had nine ICE detainers on him, he was never handed over to federal immigration authorities.
Carranza will be arraigned on Thursday and probably charged with murder.
President Trump should solidify efforts to cut off federal law enforcement funds from any jurisdiction, city, county, or state that fails to support and enforce federal immigration laws. Otherwise, our federal tax dollars are actually complicit in the damage done to Americans, in this case a brutal murder.
Also, the bureaucrats who run these jurisdictions, elected officials, et al., should be charged with obstruction of justice and held liable for civil action by the surviving family members of the victims of illegal aliens.
A few hundred million-dollar lawsuits, and the loss of federal law enforcement money, might just bring these sanctuary supporting bureaucrats to their senses.
You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life. [Winston Churchill.]
Please visit our Facebook page, leave a comment and share with friends and family.