By Rick Oltman, August 1, 2019
Twenty-four Democrat congressmen are scheduled to visit the southern border this week. They are headed to El Paso to be hosted by Congresswoman Veronica Escobar who represents the 16th Congressional District, the greater El Paso area.
Representatives slated for the upcoming trip this week, including their NumbersUSA Immigration-Reduction grades:
- Rep. Ami Bera (CA-07): F-
- Rep. Anthony Brown (MD-04): F-
- Rep. Steve Cohen (TN-09): F-
- Rep. Jim Cooper (TN-05): F-
- Rep. TJ Cox (CA-21): F-
- Rep. Veronica Escobar (TX-16): F-
- Rep. Bill Foster (IL-11): F-
- Rep. Josh Gottheimer (NJ-05): F-
- Rep. Denny Heck (WA-10): F-
- Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (TX-18): F-
- Rep. Pramila Jayapal (WA-07): F-
- Rep. Hakeem Jeffries (NY-08): F-
- Rep. Ro Khanna (CA-17): F-
- Rep. Raja Krishnamoorthi (IL-08): F-
- Rep. John Larson (CT-01): F-
- Rep. Gwen Moore (WI-04): F-
- Rep. Joe Morelle (NY-25): F-
- Rep. Jamie Raskin (MD-08): F-
- Rep. John Sarbanes (MD-03): F-
- Rep. Brad Schneider (IL-10): F-
- Rep. Greg Stanton (AZ-09): F-
- Rep. Thomas Suozzi (NY-03): F-
- Rep. Bonnie W. Coleman (NJ-12): F-
- Rep. John Yarmuth (KY-03): F-
Every single representative headed to the border has an F- grade, including Escobar whose district is on the border.
Members will start the trip in Juarez, Mexico, and will stop at a port of entry and processing facility run by US Customs and Border Protection. They’ll also visit a border patrol station and then later a detention center run by US Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
So why the trip and why now? A number of reasons are likely.
- The border security and immigration invasion issue is resonating with the voting public who want something done about it, and some response is required for all of those who are running for reelection in 2020.
- Telling lies about conditions for detained illegal aliens is inevitable and expected.
- Any anomaly or mistake by anybody working to secure the border will be over reported resulting in more insults directed at DHS personnel, comparing them to the worst people in recent history.
Note that they will start the trip in Cuidad Juarez, Mexico, and then cross the border at a port of entry. Expect one or more of the congressmen, or their aides, to cause some kind of kerfuffle at the border that will require scrutiny by the border agents, which no doubt will be characterized as “racist.”
By the way, Juarez isn’t the safest place to begin the trip. Juarez’s murder rate ranks 7th in Mexico. It’s about the same as Baltimore’s. Will their security accompanying them going to be allowed to carry guns into Mexico?
So expect faux tears and faux outrage at the border, all designed to attack the only president since Eisenhower to actually try to secure our borders and enforce our immigration laws.
And looking up the NumbersUSA grades for the 24 representatives was pretty easy. I just went to the appropriate state for the representative and immediately scrolled down to “F- .” It worked every time.
You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life. [Winston Churchill.]
Please visit our Facebook page, leave a comment and share with friends and family.