By Rick Oltman, August 5, 2019
Some quotes from the past.
- “We simply cannot allow people to pour into the United States undetected, undocumented, unchecked and circumventing the line of people who are waiting patiently, diligently and lawfully to become immigrants in this country.” – Sen. Barack Obama, 2005;
- “Our message absolutely is; Don’t send your children unaccompanied, on trains or through a bunch of smugglers. We don’t even know how many of these kids don’t make it, and may have been waylaid into sex trafficking or killed because they fell off a train, we have no way of tracking that…So, that is our direct message to Central America, Do not send your children to the borders…If they do make it, they’ll get sent back. More importantly, they may not make it.” – President Barack Obama to ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos on June 26, 2014 ;
- “Our administration has moved aggressively to secure our borders more, by hiring a record number of new border guards. By deporting twice as many criminal aliens as ever before…and we are also a nation of laws It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years…we will try to do more to speed the deportation of illegal aliens who are arrested for crimes… .” – President Bill Clinton, January 25, 1995, State of the Union Address;
- “We need to try to incentivize Mexico to do more … if they’ve committed transgressions of whatever kind, they should be, obviously, deported.” – Senator Hillary Clinton, October 31, 2006;
- “Illegal immigration is wrong, plain and simple. Until the American people are convinced that we will stop future flows of illegal immigration, we will make no progress on dealing with the millions of illegal immigrants who are here now and on rationalizing our system of legal immigration. When we use phrases like “undocumented workers,” we convey a message to the American people that their government is not serious about combating illegal immigration.” – Senator Chuck Schumer, 2009.
With this in mind, and as we are likely to hear a lot of pro-enforcement discussions vis-à-vis the immigration/border security issue in the coming months leading up to the 2020 elections, it’s important that we support those who do advocate immigration control and enforcement.
It is equally important that we hold those accountable who make such pledges.
You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.[Winston Churchill.]
Please visit our Facebook page, leave a comment and share with friends and family.