By Rick Oltman, March 12, 2019
You may have seen headlines proclaiming that the Democrats in the House of Representatives approved of illegal aliens right to vote, like this piece from Townhall.
That’s true, but you have to dig a little to see it.
Friday, March 8, the House of Representatives passed H.R. 1, the “For the People Act” sponsored by Rep. Zoe Lofgren (D-CA). The bill language proclaims that, H.R. 1 is a sweeping package of pro-democracy and anticorruption reforms to put power back in the hands of the American people by ending the dominance of big money in politics; making it easier, not harder, to vote; and ensuring that politicians actually serve the public interest.
And it is sweeping in scope as it addresses Voting Rights, Campaign Finance and Ethics and Accountability. However, after years of observation and justifiable cynicism, I believe I am right in being suspicious of anything named “For the People Act.”
The final vote was along party lines, passed by a majority of Democrats 234 – 193.
SEC. 11002. FINDINGS. Congress finds as follows:
(1) Voting is fundamental to a functioning democracy.
(2) The Constitution prohibits discrimination in voting based on race, sex, poll taxes, and age.
(3) It is of paramount importance that the United States maintains the legitimacy of its elections and protects them from interference, including interference from foreign threats and illegal voting.
(4) The city of San Francisco, California, is allowing non-citizens, including illegal immigrants, to register to vote in school board elections.
(5) Federal law prohibits non-citizens from voting in elections for Federal office.
SEC. 11003. SENSE OF CONGRESS. It is the sense of Congress that allowing illegal immigrants the right to vote devalues the franchise and diminishes the voting power of United States citizens.
Most of the Democrats in the House voted against this amendment. There can be only one reason: they didn’t want to approve, It is the sense of Congress that allowing illegal immigrants the right to vote devalues the franchise and diminishes the voting power of United States citizens.
Rep. Crenshaw Tweeted out after the vote, Next time you go to the ballot box, keep that in mind. The future of their party is in cities like San Fran, where illegals can vote. Let that sink in.
The current Democratic Party wants illegal aliens voting in elections, and the fact that illegal alien votes, all illegal voting, diminishes the voting power of United States citizens, has to be the ultimate goal.
What other explanation is there?
You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life. [Winston Churchill.]
Please visit our Facebook page, leave a comment and share with friends and family.