By Rick Oltman, May 4, 2017
Iowa Congressman Steve King has taken a stand on the omnibus spending bill and offered seven amendments, four of which directly address illegal immigration and the border wall. The support or opposition to these amendments will tell the entire country where, exactly, their elected representatives stand on these issues. (I refuse to call them leaders anymore.)
Read Congressman King’s press release here.
The amendments, contrary to the usual mess coming out of the Beltway bill mill, are concise and easily understood.
- Defund President Obama’s DACA, DAPA programs.
- Defund Obamacare.
- Defund Planned Parenthood.
- Defund President Obama’s Iran Nuclear Deal.
- Defund all sanctuary cities.
- Blocking any expansion of the H-2B Visa Program.
- Fund the building of a border wall.
The amendment to cut funding to sanctuary cities is short and sweet:
SEC. 701. None of the funds made available by this division may be obligated or expended in the form of an award to any State, or political subdivision of a State, that:
(1) has in effect any law, policy, or procedure in contravention of subsection (a) or (b) of section 642 of the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996 (8 U.S.C. 1373);
(2) prohibits State or local law enforcement officials from gathering information regarding the citizenship or immigration status, lawful or unlawful, of any individual.
Everybody who supports immigration law enforcement and border security needs to get on the phone to their congressman immediately and ask them to support Mr. King’s amendments, and specifically mention “sanctuary cities.”
Read the other amendments and pick the one most important to you and make that call.
There is currently a lot of complaining about what is going on, or not going on in Washington. Well folks, it is called democracy and it has always been chaotic. Now we have a real chance to get some substantial immigration reform by using the all-important budget process to our advantage, and it will also allow us to identify those in congress who oppose the rule of law and want to flood our country with illegal aliens, jihadists, and others who are harmful to our well-being.
And leaders like Congressman Steve King deserve our support … now.
You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life. [Winston Churchill.]
Please visit our Facebook page, leave a comment and share with friends and family.